BREAKING: ALGON Abia State chapter removes Ibe Nwoke as Chairman
Our attention has been drawn to the Press Release credited to our Chairman, Hon. Michael Ibe Nwoke.
For the interest and dignity of the State and Local Government Councils, we state as follows:
A. The Local Government Councils in the State are playing their legal role and have been partnering with the State government in delivering good governance to our people at the grassroot. Therefore, under no guise can anyone allege that Abia State Local Government Councils will “become a laughing stock”.
B. In the Local Government system in Abia State, we have never experienced any form of “cabalism”. All the members of ALGON have been treated equally irrespective of the area of the state they come from. Therefore, it is false for our Chairman to talk about “cabal” within the Local Government system in Abia State.
C. On the issue of purchasing vehicles for us, we have never doubted the modus operandi for the procurement of the said vehicles. We have not seen any underhandedness in the process leading to the purchase. We have complete confidence in the process leading to their procurement and subsequent delivery.
D. On the management of the Local Government resources, we refute the allegations of meddlesomeness by any external body.
From the above, it is, indeed, very clear that the Press Release made by our Chairman was unilaterally done without the recourse, approval and authority from the Sixteen (16) Local Government Chairmen.
Therefore, having viewed with great concern, these unwholesome activities of Hon. Michael Ibe Nwoke, as highlighted above, which has fallen short of standard of the mandates of his office, we do hereby resolve as follows:
- We pass vote of no confidence on him as the Abia State ALGON Chairman.
- We hereby unanimously vote for his removal from office as Abia State ALGON Chairman with immediate effect.
- We will meet and elect a new Abia State ALGON Chairman that will have the support of all members of the association, for collective and smooth running of activities of Abia State ALGON.
- That Hon. Michael Nwoke is mandated to hand over all documents relating to the office of Abia State ALGONChairman to the Secretariat of the association.
- That from henceforth, nobody in the Stateshould have any dealing with him in the name of Abia ALGON, as such action will be viewed as a nullity. We want to, through this medium, doubtlessly emphasize our unflinching support to the Kinetic Government and Administration of the State and to further confirm our satisfaction in the decisions and policies of this administration, which, in our humble view, are crafted and executed in utmost good faith and for the welfare of the generality of the people of the State.
Finally, we condemn in totality the said Press Release by our Chairman as the issues raised are provocatively distasteful and can ignite disharmonious and acrimonious relationship within the polity. As leaders and stakeholders in the State, our actions and utterances should be one that should engender peace
and love in the State and
not anarchy and chaos.