Labour Party House of Rep Hopeful Urges FG Not to Appeal Judiciary State, Ask For The Release of Nnamdi Kanu
PRESS STATEMENT BY CHIEF OBI AGUOCHA, LABOUR PARTY HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES CANDIDATE FOR IKWUANO UMUAHIA FEDERAL CONSTITUENCY ON THE COURT OF APPEAL JUDGMENT THAT DISCHARGED AND ACQUITTED, MAZI NNAMDI KANU TODAY, 13TH OCTOBER, 2022.
I received with overwhelming joy the news that the charges against, Mazi Nnamdi Kanu, the leader of Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) were quashed today in Abuja. In the light of this development, l wish to state as follows:
(1) The Nigerian Judiciary must be commended for remaining the hope of the common man.
(2) I urge the Federal government to release, Mazi Nnamdi Kanu immediately and not to appeal the judgement.
(3) I respectfully call on President Mohammed Buhari to seize this golden opportunity to direct the Attorney General And Minister of Justice, Abubakar Malami ensure that, Mazi Nnamdi Kanu regains his freedom immediately to prevent some opportunistic political parties from making his continued detention an issue and thereby heating up the polity.
(4) I am of the strong view that this court’s verdict has provided the Federal Government a legal platform for a political solution to address some of the issues agitating the minds of the people of South East.
(5) When released, l call on the security agencies not to re-arrest, Mazi Nnamdi Kanu but to allow him to enjoy his freedom.
(6) I call on all our people to remain calm and prayerful in the coming days for the life and peaceful release of our dearest brother, Mazi Nnamdi Kanu.
▪️Chief Obi Aguocha, Udo Ji Agu-Ohuhu and Ogwumabiri Umuahia. House of Representatives Candidate for Labour Party in the Ikwuano Umuahia Federal Constituency of Abia State.